Saturday, January 26, 2008

upset

Well, here it is, saturday. Just another workday. I am really upset right now. Our battalion says that we need to have cohesion, but they are doing everything to contradict that. For one thing, they move the officers and chiefs (who are just enlisted.) off base, along with most of the first classes. And then they also say that they want small unit leadership, but again they do everything to contradict that too. they say that the second classes need to step up and lead, but the first classes and chiefs don't reprimand the second classes in private, they do it in front of the lower ranks, which then makes the lower ranks lose all respect for us. They figure, "Why should we listen to that second-class when he is in the same boat as us. " And another thing, the chiefs, who are probably a peon on the outside, say, "now that I have this anchor on my collar, I am somebody, and I am going to treat everyone below me like sh@% just the way I am treated at my civilian job." That doesn't do anything to build morale. As a matter of fact, the battalion is probably going to loose a lot of guys when this deployment is over. And another thing, they are taking their time paying out my perdiem for this month. I am running low on money. And another thing, they want us to get the Government Travel Credit Card, but we can't use it for government travel! I'm just glad I can't get one. Then I don't have to put up with all the crap surrounding the card.

Well, if you couldn't tell, I am pissed off. Well, talk to you later.

Brett

No comments: